To make it into the Kingdom of Heaven Jesus’ nature must also be ours. Trying to live a ‘Christian’ life in any other way leads only to despair.
The Cry Of Sonship – Evidences of Jesus’ nature
Jesus overcame sin and death to become the first overcomer and our redeemer. Hence through the new birth the penitent is adopted as a son into God’s family. And so a true overcomer will express that sonship which is Jesus’ nature – the Holy Spirit within. The principles of this Deeper Life are outlined in the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-10)
The nature of God’s Word is to throw us in desperation on God himself for we cannot keep it and only He can enable us.
Romans 8:11 (KJV)
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Humble, Pure and Mourning
- v3 Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven..
We cannot renew our own hearts cut off from God, and urgently must come to the << end of self >> in order to experience the Saviour in our lives.
- v8 Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.
The Jesus disciple sees a world falling further and further away from almighty God which causes us to be grieved and mourn
- v4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Meek and Righteous
An Overcomer obtains an inner strength from Almighty God to keep faithful, loyal, lowly.
- v5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
A Son of God is not satisfied with a snack – he/she is kept by the indwelling Holy Spirit with a healthy appetite for more of God
- v6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Merciful, Making Peace and Persecuted
One who is born again shares mercy and experiences it.
- v7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Peacemakers divide the powers of suspicion and hate that assail the church – through prayer and << spiritual warfare >>
- v9 Happy the peacemakers — because they shall be called Sons of God.
A righteous saint will clash with the world and does not belong to it.
- v10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
It is only the Sword of The Spirit – the Word of God that will separate and remove self from Jesus’ nature within. This is our hope and our faith.